Peter Sellers discovering the Mysteries of the Universe.
Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/
Thursday, December 30, 2010
A Shot in the Dark - 1964 - Dir. Edwards
I have a rough knowledge of the Pink Panther films. I'm never really sure if I've seen one before, they kind of congealed into one large blob of shots of Peter Sellers falling over. I'm told regularly that this is the one to watch, though. And I have no idea as to whether or not I've seen it before. Some sequences felt familiar but I can't say with any confidence if I've seen them or not. I'm a fan of Sellers though. It's not exactly the top of his game (STRANGELOVE or BEING THERE!) but it's certainly a good example of his general buffoonery. It's obvious though as to why Sellers and Edwards worked together as frequently as they did. They both have awesome comedic timing. The opening sequence is probably one of the more memorable/impressive ones for a comedy in my memory. It's funny and wacky enough, I suppose. I think considering it's somewhat classic status, I expected to find it a bit more humorous and felt somewhat let down by the experience. Perhaps it's just dated because Sellers does make being a klutz watchable for the running time. And I do like the chaos and coincidence of the very end. So despite seeing somewhat let down, I feel like it would make for a pleasant re-watching experience and imagine I would find some more goofiness hidden about.
- ► 2011 (120)
- A Shot in the Dark - 1964 - Dir. Edwards
- Our Man in Havana - 1959 - Dir. Reed
- Wild at Heart - 1990 - Dir. Lynch
- How High - 2001 - Dir. Dylan
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th D...
- Tron: Legacy - 2010 - Dir. Kosinski
- Love Actually - 2003 - Dir. Curtis
- Inside Deep Throat - 2005 - Dir. Baily/Barbato
- An Unreasonable Man - 2006 - Mantel/Skrovan
- Casino Jack and the United States of Money - 2010 ...
- ▼ December (10)