Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Friday, October 7, 2011

X-Men: First Class - 2011 - Dir. Vaughn

To be honest, I'm pretty vague about most of these characters. So I went into the movie being "Who the fuck is Sebastian Shaw?" I mean, having met him, I'm glad I did. He seems like a fine villain. So I felt like a bit of a n00b as you kids love saying. Perhaps this is the comic book movie that feels MOST like a Superhero, Comic Book to me. It toes a really fine line between badass, goofy, and melodramatic. Badass easily embodied by Fassbinder's Magneto who I've heard so much about and he deserves every fine thing said. I MEAN! THAT FUCKING THING WITH THE KNIFE!? Fassbinder did that without special effects. McAvoy, however, I'm not sold on. EH, I guess he's all right. In fact, everyone else. EH, I guess they're okay. Kevin Bacon makes a good german doctor, though. Sigh... This movie just has really great sequences in it and then okay stuff in between. It's just that the sequences are so friggin' cool and well done and everything else is just... bland. And I suppose I could have done with less... kids in the movies. But I suppose we're getting to the point where the majority of movies will be less and less for me. We want the kids to feel included in the superhero movies you know...

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiCThPUTe4WVSCB1GfXkQL-9AyCU1TN7lgl2Pd9QpjGubFu1Ty7ST0k4ScT3TdLdU9dVOMDs1r2_2qMYRP_oexGd3cUj9UApu7I5ifNZJ5X_a6KkzRQqIN9LyF2Yc8_BH5k2gAAy56PRQg/s1600/X-Men+First+class+%25282%2529.jpg
X-MEN! YEEAAAAHHH!!! LOOK! THEY'RE MUTANTS! YYYEEEAAAHH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment