Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Toy Story 3 - 2010 - Dir. Unkrich

I had the bar set pretty high for this. In fact, it was set so high... I didn't even go see it. In fact, in some ways, I actively avoided seeing it. I knew... deep in my cowboy heart... that I expected it to make me cry, to crush my spirit, and to make me long for a childhood imagined by the previous two movies. So you know... I was sorta setting myself up for a let down. But I wasn't really. The movie was good. I enjoyed watching it... sure, it didn't destroy my emotions. At best, I got a little misty eyed... Maybe I shed a single tear? I can't remember. I'm writing this a month later. Point being, it's like every other Pixar movie I've seen. It's real great. It's got a nice, well told story. Some laughs. Some thrills (oh man! That ending was pretty dang thrilling!) And there's even a Totoro! How can you beat that!? The answer is YOU CAN'T!!! Also, lemme just say... that goofy little girl in the rain boots was adorable and any child I have who isn't like that will be an inherent disappointment. The best thing about this movie is that it doesn't feel like a cash in on the series. It wraps everything up in a nice way and has a nice mix of what's comfortable and what is fresh. It never really competed with my FAV's but hell... a nice solid entry.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhbstPWxkvZGNThamHYzbc2_RqDmLAO5DWaNa3OHfr-348m56VtdRhrELifFbcaiIeosye8P-dnQiAI_G10zSR6BBHwgJn53CmYWPnTaKnJ1sgVCnK52ChLZd_KOR0ylaNKJ4hCnFF8tNo/s1600/toy_story_3_andy.jpg
QUIT PLAYIN' WITH THOSE TOYS! YOU BIG DUMB KID! YOU DUMB BABY-KID!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment