Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Zed and Two Noughts - 1985 - Dir. Greenaway

This movie blew the shit out of me! I had no shit in me for days after seeing this movie! No, I loved this movie. I'd never seen any Greenaway but heard of him an awful lot. I think netflix recommended the movie after I watched... I dunno... something weird with twins maybe. And I was all, hell, why not!? And then let the DVD sit around collecting dust. When I eventually, popped it in. Even from the opening credits sequence, I knew I was going to be in for a treat. So... in case anyone was wondering, this movie could probably be considered pretty pretentious, I suppose. Self-indulgent. Maybe doing too many things at once. There's all kinds of things you can complain about. But if you are me... It's fine. It talks about death and decay and amputees and art. And Car Crashes! It's lit beautifully. HELL, the whole fucking movie is beautiful. It's weird as hell. The acting is really restrained. Themes and motifs criss-cross and leap around the screen. There is so much going on! I most certainly plan to watch the movie several times. And the score is AWESOME! The first thing to stand out is the Time Lapse decay music, which is ridiculous. Oh man, and I got a kick out of the time lapse stuff. AUUUGHG!! The lighting is so crazy in this movie! Visually, the whole movie felt very theatrical. I just liked this thing so damn much.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgs2pHTAJSlEx9g_fVcPAFdLxZiYbMMeFul2-Yt_DVy5YwUL43OprQA1uA_Z1LPqnt2h5gnP0x1Bm63gfdDUhaeRoLRbvLvPLEDMNXMpNlr6FDsMQVhdQ4xUhXGN92-2YaAvA2Hnrkq0eHn/s1600/a_zed_and_two_noughts.jpg
Heaven is Men's Legs covered in Snails.

No comments:

Post a Comment