Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

3:10 to Yuma - 2007 - Dir. Mangold

This IS a movie. Trust me when I tell you this. There is nothing about this western that is NOT a movie. Every inch of it. If anyone tells you that this isn't a movie, THEY ARE LYING. Like many movies starring both Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, 3:10 features Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. But who cares about those fucks? Gimmie a bearded Ben Foster ANYDAY! (See below) AND NOT TO TAKE ANTHING AWAY FROM THE PLEASANTLY GIZZLED PETER FONDA! Throw in a by-the-books Kevin Durand and a completely unnecessary Alan Tudyk and you got yourself a stew going! So, I don't like Russell Crowe and to be completely honest, I haven't been kicking it with Christian Bale too much recently either. I suppose, they both do their jobs like Bale and Crowe would. They're both good actors... Don't get me wrong! I just feel like everytime I see Christian Bale, I feel like he's scowling at me. And Russell Crowe... I dunno. Well... he just don't sit right with me. Don't sit right at all. So yeah, Peter Fonda and Ben Foster were my favorite parts. And Luke Wilson is awesome in his few scenes. I would have watched him discuss Chink and Negro slaves for WAY longer. So you know, this isn't a bad movie or anything. It's all right. It's got some sweet parts. And some poop every now and then. A lot of Christian Bale and Russell Crowe poop.

"Hey... Is that Ben Foster over there? Oh wait, I'm Ben Foster."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive