Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Friday, August 21, 2009

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - 1969 - Dir. Hill

Butch Cassidy is basically the movie I was expecting it to be: Robert Redford and Paul Newman cracking jokes. And its as entertaining as you would it expect it to be: Very. It's a nice old school Hollywood flick. Doing everything you would expect, but having just enough style and charm to keep it from feeling... well, boring. I mean, what would you expect from the movie that spawned the "Bike Riding through a Field with a lady while Raindrops keep falling on my head plays" scene. I mean, the movie sorta just mugs about with wise-acre comments and the appropriate amounts of drama and violence. I suppose it didn't always go the direction I thought it would. I was thankful we didn't follow up on the "Love Triangle" like I feared. Quiet suffering was the way to go! So yeah... All right movie!

Eww... Robert Redford. Quit making that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive