Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan - 2009 - Dir. Olmos

I was a big BSG fan back in the day, and by back in the day, I meant when the re-imagining came out. I'm not sure the series really fared terribly well in the long run. I don't think my memories of the series are BLOWN AWAY POSITIVE. Mostly this is due to the increasingly muddled later seasons. I do forget, however, that it started COMPLETELY AWESOMELY. And after watching The Plan, I wanted to get right back into the mini-series. I'm not sure if I thought The Plan was terrific or anything. In fact, it's mostly pretty one-note and paced a little slowly. It does add a neat bit of depth and is honestly weaved in impressively well with the beginning of the series from the opposite point of view. It was engaging for a BSG fan who forgot why the show was so mesmerizing to begin with. I think most of the one-notedness was the prevalence of Dean Stockwell, who I do love with all of my heart. His consistent unwavering cynicism gets to be a bit much, but its fun to watch everyone around him crumble under the weight of their task. Well, not fun, but it's certainly engaging.

Jeez, Sharon! You're ALL WET! AAAAHAHAHAAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive