Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Persepolis - 2007 - Dir. Satrapi/Parronnaud

Persepolis looked neat. But we all knew that already. In fact, I think it might be one of the most honest trailers I've come across. I feel like everything the trailer offers you, you get. That isn't to say it's a bad thing. In fact, I rather enjoyed Persepolis. I can't admit to being emotionally stirred by it. I have a very medium feeling towards the film in general. Perhaps, I'm just too uninformed of Iran's modern history to grasp the more subtle aspects of the film. I thought I knew a decent chunk. *SHRUGS!* It's very good about letting the audience know what's going on. There's a terribly amusing bit with Iran's History with Great Britain. There's nothing terrible about the movie. It moves along as it should. It doesn't pull too many tricks. I cared, through and through, although I dunno how much I connected. Satrapi as a little girl is the CUTEST fucking thing though. I mean, it's a really great story. Clearly, the film is fine. DANDY, even. I suppose I can't really get over my mediumness feeling. It does awesome work with silhouette and shades of gray. It's a perfectly acceptable thing to watch if you're in the mood to watch a long version of the trailer.

http://eeink.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/persepolis-morceaux-choisis-2.jpg
This girl is just the cutest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive