Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Idiocracy - 2006 - Dir. Judge

I've been kicking it with movie's partially watched or forgotten. Maybe I'll get to a new one soon. I won't act like I don't like Office Space. That movie gets me with the laughing, EVERY TIME! Idiocracy, I don't like as much. I can't tell if it has anything to do with Luke Wilson. Well, it might have a lot to do with his character. I, however, got a real kick out of Luke Wilson's acting. In general, I get a kick out of Luke Wilson. Even though he seems like a grumpy asshole. BUT I DIGRESS! I mean, the movie is funny. I laughed at it. I'm not as sure if I get behind it as fully. I think Luke Wilson's little character arc has a little bit to do with it. Where as Ron Livingston was sorta someone I really wanted to success, I think I didn't really have anything specific I wanted to see out of Luke Wilson. Yeah, I mean, I want him to get back home, but you sorta know that isn't happening from the start. I guess, I think Mike Judge to work a little better with character than premise. And I know people are always saying he could be like Apatow if he worked more, but I think I'd rather have a infrequent Judge than a productive Apatow.

Maybe everyone expected Obama to act like Terry Crews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive