Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Minority Report - 2002 - Dir. Spielberg

I don't really get the craze about Minority Report. All right, maybe calling it a craze is a little over-the-top. It does seem to do incredibly well, however. I dunno. I feel like I really dig the movie for a good chunk of it, I think until the plot really gets moving. Watching Tom Cruise evade police and try and prove his innocence, MAN, I've had enough of that. The premise is neat. Although, that must make a little bit of sense only because I'm a sucker for the Philip K. Dick. I'll admit that I haven't really been a huge fan of Spielberg siiiince- Actually, I looking at his filmography, I haven't really been a fan of his action/sci-fi movies since Jurassic Park, but movies like Catch Me If You Can, hey man, I won't complain about that! Anyway, I felt no drive to give a damn about what was on screen, all of the futuristic looks and gadgets felt old and tired. It didn't even feel like it solidified in a single vision of the future. The action is forgettable. It's not an awful movie by any means. Just a tired one. If Spielberg is so supportive of the blockbuster, why's he got to make his two hours plus. All these damn shallow movies (Transformers, I'm looking in your direction) should just admit they're trashy and try and clock in at 90. Now I'm being unfair. Minority Report has an interesting story to tell, it's just not a terribly interesting movie. :p

http://2020visions.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/20060727-minority_report_gestural_ui.jpg
Tom Cruise operating the future computer, although I would be just an interested to see him operate just a normal computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive