Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Caged Heat - 1974 - Dir. Demme

I didn't really dig this too much. I actually stopped watching it at one point which is fairly rare for me. It's not that is was particularly bad. In fact, if I think about it, it seemed interesting enough for a Women in Prison flick. Having a nice amount of quirky and tongue-in-cheek elements to it. But I dunno, I think a lot had to do with the production quality, but REALLY: What could I expect? it's a Roger Corman exploitation flick, so I think this is Standard Operating Procedure. I think I also warmed up to the movie a little bit more after watching Corman give and interview about it. It definitely made the flick seem a lot more charming. And there are fun/interesting parts to it as well as some pretty snazzy editing. It's Demme's directing debut and he's clearly working on a style. He does some really neat things with sound which ironically is in general of a pretty incredibly poor quality. There were a few scenes in the movie that were completely indecipherable. The Warden was probably one of the more interesting bits in the film and I wouldn't have minded a bit more of her. ALSO, Erica Gavin of Vixen! fame plays one of the lead protagonists. That lady is such a goofy actor, I get behind her 100%!


ACHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive