Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Christmas Story - 1983 - Dir. Clark

MAN! I can't act like this movie doesn't charm the pants offa me every Christmas. I'm still baffled by how entertaining it can be. I think as I get older, different parts appeal to me more. I definitely get behind the parents more than I used to. They're probably my favorite part these days. I remember when I didn't have any clue about what was funny about the Leg Lamp. And that Mom is just SO DAMN CUTE! It never feels abhorently sentimental, but never NOT sentimental at the same time. It has just a perfect balance of both. And of not just about Christmas but what it means to be a kid around Christmas.

http://www.flicklives.com/Glossary/leg_lamp/major_award_4.jpg
NOTA FINGA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive