Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior - 1981 - Dir. Miller

Lemme just say, in case, I haven't said it loud enough and with all the passion of my heart recently. I love Vernon Wells. That man... he understands exactly what needs to be done. He knows how to move his face to express emotion better than any other schmoe out there. In fact, I think the same could be said of everyone who worked on this movie. Everyone understood their job and could pull it off masterfully. George Miller just KNEW exactly how this movie needed to be made. And how many cars there had to be. And how loud the music needed to be. And how Brian May should still fucking make the music cause he's awesome. The end car chase is just sweet as hell. I was kind of surprised a movie that's getting to be thirty years old could pump me up so much. Maybe that just means I'M getting old, but MAN, this movie was the tits. And the villain!? King Humongous. That's just ridiculous. You don't see quality comic book villains like that these days. He was paper thin! But so THICK at the same time! Oh yeah, and Mel Gibson is in it. But who gives a damn, you know what he's gonna do, and he does it. And that's that. I suppose the Feral Kid was the weakest bit. But really, you'd expect a Feral Kid to be way worse.

http://www.sbull.net/images/madmax2list.jpg
WATCH OUT VERNON WELLS! GREATNESS IS COMING AT YOU FULL SPEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive