Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bullitt - 1968 - Dir. Yates

Nothing really urged on my viewing of Bullitt apart from it being generally regarded as an action classic. It's an all right movie. Certainly has an exciting car chase through San Francisco. I can't deny THAT! Although, I did have a bit of trouble differentiating whose car was whose. I can't help but feel like that's a little nit-picky. I don't think I struggled THAT much. I'll admit that the movie can be a little slow and occasionally difficult to follow, I had to verify afterward that I had understood the plot correctly. It is a lot of fun as far as watching the plot unfold is concerned. It doesn't always go in the direction I was expecting and considering it's the blueprint for rebel cop characters, it isn't as stereotypical as those who would follow after it. Robert Vaughn plays a perfectly sleazy Senator while Jacquieline Bisset plays Bullitt's gf who has all those MORALS and whatnot. Although, I though Bisset brought a lot of nice dimension to the film and McQueen's generally unfazed character. I got a kick out of McQueen in The Getaway and was a little disappointed in him in this, assuming it to be him kicking more ass. I don't think he was bad by any means, in fact, he played Bullitt with a lot more respect than I expected. I guess, I just didn't get what I expected.

http://espradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/bullitt11173240491.jpg
DRIVIN' CAAAARRRRRRRRRSSSSS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive