Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Friday, March 5, 2010

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism - 2004 - Dir. Greenwald

It's kind of like the Fox News of Anti-Fox News Documentaries. It's clearly biased. I mean the movie is calling out Fox News. Granted, they aren't coming out and saying "we're right and they're wrong" like Fox is, but still. I can't say I liked it. And I like bashing Fox News. Those guys are nuts! On the other hand, this documentary is basically just doing what The Daily Show does four nights a week. I remember someone saying that about Fahrenheit 9/11 too. I dunno, the film didn't really tell me much I didn't already know. It did come out six years ago, but still... Or maybe not know. But just assumed. It does exactly pose too many daunting arguments. It makes it's bias known so soon off the bat that it's hard to really respect it too much. Mostly because you get the impression they are pulling similar shit to tell their story. BUT AGAIN, it's a different position so that's not decent criticism of the film. I dunno, the film also feels pretty cheap. The Graphics look like they were made by a high school-er. I guess, it just feels like there's a better way, and better documentaries that make this same argument in less time. It culls so much Fox footage but really, we only need so many examples. Definitely glad it was only an hour and seventeen minutes long.

http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/outfoxed.jpg
O'Reilly is getting into "Swallowing Head" mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive