Formerly "A Movie A Day" :/

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eraser - 1996 - Dir. Russell

Eh, it's okay, I guess. There are definitely better action films and even better action films with Arnold in it. It is mostly showcasing the type of gun you can see in the below picture... and that grenade that shoots screws. In fact, those're probably the most memorable things going on in the movie. James Caan gives an appropriately hammy performance. Although as hammy as it is, it gets a little dull after a bit mostly cause he's doing the same thing again and again. I'm a little thrown off my the climax, which sort of ends in a dissapointment and then the resolution makes it ALLLLL better. I feel like I would have rather just had a decent climax rather than a bunch of dudes falling. The Plane sequence is probably what grabbed my attention being that its completely ridiculous. Apart from that, there aren't really too many memorable set pieces. Sure, Caan and Arnold fighting on the container is cool, but it's mostly just Arnold getting beat with a pipe while Venessa Williams is overly helpless. So, I dunno. I don't think anyone would've really expected this to be that good anyway. So I would say Eraser does about everything you might expect it too... Is between 90 and 120 minutes and has action scenes in it. FEH!

http://dorkandbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/eraser.jpg
Arnold holding TWO guns!? WHOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive